Anyone! Our club is open to anyone with a huge heart and willingness to learn how to train a puppy and ultimately give it up to help someone have a life they couldn’t otherwise live fully without the help of a guide. No prior experience is necessary, our club meets regularly to help you learn how to handle and train your dog. We invite you to one of our weekly meetings to check out what we are all about. We are sure you will quickly see how much support raisers have to be successful.
Puppy Raiser Requirements:
You ‘ll need to understand and agree to guidelines, which include
- Joining a local puppy raising club and attend preliminary club meetings. Once you receive your pup, you’ll need to continue to attend regularly scheduled club meetings and outings.
- All members of your household must be committed to raising a puppy.
- Providing a safe and secure living environment.
- Keeping your puppy on leash at all times when not in a secure area.
- Providing daily exercise and socialization.
- Using GDB-approved training and management techniques when working with your puppy.
- You need to be willing to travel to meet with Guide Dog representatives for evaluation of your puppy’s progress and/or attend training workshops.
If you’re interested in being interviewed by a representative – get in touch with us!